Facility Care Services
Peace of mind
When your loved one is in the hospital or nursing home, you want to be there every minute, but you simply can’t.
We know the difficulties that you face when you have a loved one in the hospital or nursing home. You want to provide the elements of a well-supported facility stay: safety, company and comfort. You long for peace of mind that someone is watching your loved one when you’re not. Facility personnel may be short-handed so the need to supplement the care that they provide has been widely recognized.
What does a hospital sitter do?
A facility sitter is a specialized caregiver who provides companionship, observation and care for as long as necessary.
- Keeping the patient under constant view during entire assigned shift
- Supervising the patient through the night
- Monitoring patient’s condition and activity
- Alert facility staff at the first sign of a concern
- Seeking assistance from facility staff as needed
- Maintaining emergency contact information and important legal documents
- Engaging patient through conversation, reading, games, etc.
- Assisting with feeding and personal hygiene
- Offering medication reminders and post-surgery precautions
- Supporting patient’s comfort level
- Follows emergency procedures in the event of any incident, e.g. accident, injury, or significant change in patient’s condition
- Reporting any changes in patient’s mental or physical condition, as well as suspicion of ingesting questionable substances, or items brought to the room by visitors to the staff nurse
A facility sitter does not give medications or insert IVs and must not interfere with the facility staff; they provide vigilance that can reduce the risk of infection and falls, and the personal touch that allows the patient’s energy to be directed toward healing.
Home Care After Hospitalization
In addition to this, a facility sitter care service provides at home care after hospitalization. This provides your loved one with help with daily tasks, making doctor appointments, meal preparation and many other basic day-to-day tasks. This will help take the burden off of you and help you rest easy knowing that your loved one is receiving the best possible help and care in their recovery.
Would you like to learn more?
Pasco SW is in the business of making sure your elderly loved one receives the quality care they need. We look forward to assisting you as you care for your loved one.
Learn more about our facility sitter care and other Pasco SW services. Call us today to schedule a FREE in-home care assessment.